- We’ve added more detail about the personal information we use and collect, including through mobile apps;
- We explain how we share information with the companies in the NBCUniversal group.
Privacy at Newsmsnbc
At Newsmsnbc, we respect personal information and take seriously our privacy obligations. This website describes NBCUniversal’s approach to privacy for the NBCUniversal websites and mobile applications that link to this page (“online services”). We are committed to handling personal information in compliance with the specific provisions of applicable privacy laws worldwide.
How do we share information?
You understand and agree that Newsmsnbc may share information we collect as follows:
- Within Newsmsnbc and with third party suppliers, in order to provide you with the online services;
- With other third parties (e.g., law enforcement agencies) where required by law or where required as a part of a corporate transaction (e.g., if a company is sold);
- With third parties for marketing and advertising purposes (this may vary across different countries or states in accordance with law). California residents can access a list of these third parties.
- With companies in the NBCUniversal family, in order to cross-promote Newsmsnbc services or for research purposes. You have choices about this.
Children and Privacy
Except where otherwise indicated, we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 13. We use an age-gate to make certain features unavailable for use by children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 in connection with those features. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under 13 has provided us with information without his or her consent, he or she should contact us . As required by law, we will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
Tracking/Cookies and Ads
We may use the information we collect about your use of online services from your browsing behavior to provide you with online advertisements that might be relevant to you. You can opt out of this “targeted advertising”. The effect of opting out is controlled by third parties; they may still collect your usage information for analytic, research or internal operations purposes.
Cookies/ tracking technologies are used on some of our online services to serve ads, perform analytics, and make the online services as interesting as possible to you. By using our online services you are consenting to the use of these cookies/tracking technologies but you do have choices about cookies/tracking technologies. Some online services may not be available or there may be impact on functionality when you make these choices